Trade show season is rapidly approaching in the Learning and Development world and before we jet off to Berlin to attend the OEB Conference we thought we’d share with you our top ten tips for attending a trade show.
- Make sure you attend the right one. First, spend some time checking out the trade show’s website. What companies are going to be there? Do they align with your goals?
- Stay at the hotel associated with the event. Most of your potential clients will be staying there because it’s convenient. And after the day’s events, they’ll all be meeting in the lounge for refreshments.
- Make a plan. The worst way to go to a trade show is unprepared. You need a goal and objectives! So arrive early and get your hands on a map and a list of presentations.
- Bring businesses cards everywhere you go! You could meet an important contact anywhere, in the hotel reception, at the bar, or even away from the venue. You never know, so be prepared.
- Pick up a copy of every piece of literature that is available. Not only is it good to keep up to date with what’s happening but you can also get ideas for the next show you attend.
- Avoid approaching booths when they are packed. If you approach when it’s busy, the chances of you getting the right person are slim.
- Follow up. Once you have someone’s card, you must follow up. All of your efforts will be for nothing if you don’t. Don’t leave it longer than a week.
- Bring comfortable shoes. You will be on your feet all day!
If you are attending the OEB Conference in Berlin, make sure you visit stand A32 and meet our elearning experts. You might even get your hands on some freebies. In the meantime if you require any further information contact Synergy Learning on +44 (0) 28 9042 2000 or email email@example.com.