Social learning is about conversation and collaboration, two things that you should actively encourage in your organisation.
Social learning is centered on individuals coming together, creating and sharing information in order to find the best outcome to a problem and learning some new information.
With this in mind, we’ve compiled a list of five ways social learning, specifically Totara Social, could benefit your organisation:
- Encourage engagement – With discussion forums, comments and group based chats, learners can add comments to content, encouraging participation and boosting morale.
- Connect diverse users and groups – Staff can stay connected, choosing the right level of notifications to receive and select the contributions, people, groups, tags and feeds that interest them. If you operate social learning in a large organisation you can connect staff that wouldn’t ordinarily have any job role crossover – just think of the benefits this would have!
- Support staff – Foster real time peer-to-peer interactions using live chat. Contribute to discussions and provide feedback in an online, safe social environment.
- Safe learning – Share images, upload documents in a safe and secure environment. All files can be stored securely with a customisable folder structure meaning only those who have access can see documents.
- Gamify your learning – Make learning fun and reap the rewards of engaged employees who retain the knowledge given to them and raise performance levels across the board. We can make the games we use for learning require social interaction between the learners, whether it be getting facts from each other, collaborating to reach a joint goal, or even a simple energising game that will be talked about around the water cooler.
There’s a wealth of benefits associated with a more social workplace.If you would like to talk to one of our experts about how social learning can positively impact your business please get in contact on +44 (0) 28 9042 2000 or email email@example.com.